Monday, February 25, 2013

Groundhog's Day Rewind

 Guess what?!? It's Groundhog's Day all over again ...

I always like to start out my lessons by reading a story to build background knowledge on the topic at hand.  This particular book did the job perfectly!


We practiced this poem and added it to our poetry journals.  I found this poem on one of my all time favorite blogs Eberhart's Explorers.  

We learned about what a picture graph is and practiced how to collect data.  As you can see, an early Spring had the most votes!  I could have guessed that one... they liked the flowers.
My kinders couldn't properly celebrate Groundhog's Day without yet another hat!!! I found this hat  on Eberhart's Explorers  blog as a freebie!  





Check out this cute You Tube video all about Punxsutawney Phil!  My class loved it!

Happy Groundhog's Day!

Miss H.





0 comments:

Post a Comment