Sunday, March 3, 2013

Winter in Kindergarten



Here is a picture of my winter bulletin board.  I modeled it after the book Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson.  
We read many books about the winter season and then recorded what we learned on the chart pictured above.  The snowflakes were made with watercolors and glitter.  I love how sparkly they are!


On this cold winter day we painted snowmen.  After they had dried I had the kids estimate how many cubes high their snowman was and then measure to see if they were correct. I found this idea on Mrs. Lee's Kinderkids blog

Here is a picture of our winter words.  My kinders use these words for writing in their journals.

My class learned about penguins.  Here is a glimpse of what what we did.
We read an array of non fiction books.





I always love how this art project turns out! If you want an explanation on how to make this check my post on Penguins. 


My kinders loved this movie I found on You Tube about the Emperor Penguins.

 We recorded what we learned on this anchor chart.              



Here is the poem we added to our poetry books.  We made up fun movements to help us remember the
 words.

We diagramed the parts of a penguin.




I'll leave you with one last movie I found on You Tube about the Emperor Penguins.  Trust me you'll love it!

Miss H.






0 comments:

Post a Comment