Saturday, October 6, 2012

Crazy About Sorting!

Hello Everyone! 

This week was all about sorting! We sorted everything imaginable: buttons, blocks, insect toys, plastic bread tags, and bears OH MY! 

Here are a couple of books that I use to introduce the concept of sorting.  


                                                




The first sorting activity that I had my class do was to experiment with different ways to sort the objects above. It was interesting to see all the different ways they came up with to sort their objects.















 
I made this chart to record all the different ways that they sorted their items.  The idea for this anchor chart came from The First Grade Parade



I used our math vocabulary chart to teach what the word "sort" means.  As you can see from the picture above they drew a picture of what sorting looks like.  This is a great way to teach academic language. 

 Miss. H

0 comments:

Post a Comment