Sunday, April 14, 2013

National Symbols

Hello! We just completed our unit on National and State Symbols.  Here are some of the highlights...

Here is our National Symbols anchor chart.  

                        
Here are a few of the books I read to my class.  

We learned the song, "You're a Grand Old Flag" 


I taught my Kinders about our beautiful state's symbols.  I got the idea for this chart from the First Grade Parade.  I decided to use real pictures of the symbols to build their schema. 


I included money in this unit.  We learned about each coin by making a little book.  I found these books on the blog Klassy Kinders they were a freebie! Also, my Kinders explored each coin by doing coin rubbings.
Here are the poems that we added to our poetry books. I found these poems on the blog Eberharts Explorers.


After learning all about the coins we made this anchor chart to record our new learning.  



Check out this You Tube movie called, Show Me the Money by Harry Kindergarten.  My class loved it.  

Miss H.





0 comments:

Post a Comment