Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gingerbread Festivities


Merry Christmas! 
Wow! 2012 seems to have flew by so quickly! Before this year ends and a new one begins I wanted to share with you a few highlights of the month of December. 




During the holiday season I like to read as many different versions of the Gingerbread Man that I can get my hands on!  These are some of my kids favorites.




After we read many different versions of the story we made a ven diagram comparing/ contrasting the two we enjoyed the most.  



We used our story map to help sequence the order the characters chased the Gingerbread Man.  

Here is my version of a roll, cover, and write gingerbread style. I used a sentence strip, gingerbread die cuts, and green/red stickers to create this game. To play the game you roll two dice then cover that number and write it on the whiteboard.  As you know, children love holiday themed centers and this one did not disappoint! 



As for the big finale we made gingerbread houses! I have the most amazing parents that came in to help with this event.  They looked like they were having just as much fun as the children!  
We made our gingerbread houses out of milk cartons that we recycled from the lunch room.  I collected cardboard and cut them into squares for the base.  I had a wonderful parent volunteer cover them in foil. Each child brought in a different item (candy, graham crackers, powder sugar etc.) to decorate their houses with.  I made Royal icing to use as the glue to keep the houses together. And the rest is history!  






Miss H.



1 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

It looks like y'all have been having TONS of fun. Your kiddos will always remember making those precious gingerbread houses.

Thank you for having my blog on your blog roll. What a sweet Christmas present that was for me to find. I am happy to be your newest follower. I would LOVE to have you as an official follower on my blog. =)

Merry Christmas blessings to you!

Heather
Heather's Heart

Post a Comment