Thursday, May 3, 2012

Measuring, Patterns, and Mrs. McNosh

Today I had my kinders practice measuring with paperclips.  First, they created a caterpillar by making a pattern using Bingo Markers.  Next, they measured their caterpillar to see how many paperclips long it was. 









 I love this art project it always turns out so cute!


Wait....

Before you go...



I  wanted to share a quick sequencing activity that I had my kinders do today.  



I read the book Mrs. McNosh Hangs Up Her Wash and afterwards I had them sequence the objects that she hung on her clothes line.  Afterwards I paired them up with a partner and they used their clothes line to retell the story.  The little pictures of Mrs. McNosh's wash came from the Houghtin Mifflin Language Arts Curriculum.  













 I gave each of my students a sentence strip to glue their pictures on.  The pictures above are one whole sentence strip.  




Thank you for dropping by!  Have a good night!
Miss Hood





















0 comments:

Post a Comment