Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas fun!


Hello Everybody! I'm back spreading a little more Christmas cheer with my second installment of Christmas in my classroom.  

My Kinders made Christmas trees using different size triangles.  Sequins, hole punched paper, macaroni etc. were used as ornaments.  Glitter was added to make them sparkle.   



Ok... I must admit that I go a little overboard with Christmas books!  I love collecting them for my class.  The books pictured above are a few of my favorites.

Here is a picture of the holiday words I hung up in my classroom.  My Kinders like to use them when writing in their journals.  
                                                                            
We used holiday Marshmallows to practice estimating.  

During centers my Kinders decorated an ornament to place on our tree.  

We wrote about how to decorate a tree.  My kinders copied the order down and drew pictures of each step. 


My writing center was a big hit with my Kinders.  I put out a wide selection of paper, markers, pencils, crayons, stickers, stamps, envelopes, and old cards to use to decorate their letters to Santa.  I wrote a template for them to copy (most wrote their own letters).  The letters were placed in the mailbox to mail to the North Pole.


I used a Santa hat filled with small toys to entice my Kinders to practice reading cvc words and it worked!!!  They took turns picking a toy out of the hat and placing it on the matching word.  

Miss H.



0 comments:

Post a Comment