Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Brand Spanking New School Year!!

Hello Friends, Family, and Bloggers!  My Kindergarten Adventure has been underway for about a month and I couldn't be more excited!  Read on to find out what we have been up to.


Picking out books for the first weeks of school is my speciality!  The books above are some of my favorites.

What first week of school wouldn't be complete without an awesome poem?  I love this poem because my kinders can easily memorize it.  Add some movements and you got a hit on your hands!  

On the first day of school we graphed how we were going home.  Nothing fancy but a lot of fun!



Here is a fun way to introduce the alphabet... have a Letter Party!  This idea came from the blog Live, Love, Laugh Everyday in Kindergarten if you haven't checked out this blog before you should it's super cute! I printed the cute Letter King and Queen pictures from this blog.  Here is what you do... write all the kids names on sentence strips using different colors for boys and girls.  Each day I introduced a letter we then looked for that letter in each of the names.  If their name began with that letter they were the Letter King or Queen for the day.  I bought cheap party crowns and stapled the letter of the day to the crown they would wear it to remind us the letter we were learning.  Every time we found the letter in a name that person would go and circle it.  Please go check out Live, Love, Laugh Everyday in Kindergarten for a better explanation.  

Have you ever read Today I Feel Silly & Other Moods That Make My Day by Jamie Lee Curtis?  Honestly, it's hilarious! My kinders love all her books.  I used this book to introduce different kinds of feelings.  Below is the picture of the shared writing we completed together.  



Thanks for stopping by!  

Miss. H


0 comments:

Post a Comment